Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Back to Business

I think the post-San Diego exhaustion/con-detox has taken full effect and I am back to working on Mouse Guard as hard as ever. Once I got back there were several days worth of business stuff to attend to, some printing, e-mails, phone calls, shipping, etc. It's amazing how much of a day can be eaten up with that stuff, so it feels good to be back to drawing.






Sketchbooks:
For anyone who is bidding on e-bay, let me say that I am NOT sold out! I plan on bringing the remainder to Baltimore. I will sell them for the same $ as SDCC: $10 each. If you can't make it to Baltimore, but know someone who will, I'd be happy to have them pick up multiple copies.




Appearances:I will be doing two signings at Borders this month. The first is at Borders in my hometown of Flint, MI on Friday Aug 10th starting at 7pm. click here for Flint Borders site


Then on Aug 24th I will be signing at the Borders in Troy, MI at the Oakland Mallclick here for Troy Borders site



I'm really looking forward to the Flint signing because I plan on also visiting with a good pal of mine who is the basis for the character Kenzie in Mouse Guard. He was in Oklahoma all this summer and it will be good to catch up with him. I have known him since I was 11 and he was the best man at my wedding.
(photo circa 1996)



And one last art-and-tell with plug, Kory Bingaman has a fun webcomic strip called Skin Deep. She and I were frequent posters on the Hellboy.com forum and I am happy that she is plugging along and posting a fun comic to read twice a week. I had been itching to draw the character 'Jimmothy' a Gryphon from Liverpool, and before I knew it, I had sketched out the wholle Skin Deep crew.







Back to the mice.





5 comments:

gdeo said...

cool news david...that borders gigs sound cool

Unknown said...

will try and get my sis to get a sketchbook and hopefully a sketch at baltimore. looking forward to the new series and cool stories to come (mouse guard and your adventures)

maija said...

How did I not know about your blog?

You never tell me anything. :P

Fogger said...

I'll be trying for a couple sketchbooks and a sketch at Baltimore, too!

Joanna said...

Looks like I'll be joining the the rush for a sketchbook at Baltimore. :)

The Boarders' gigs sound very cool - but you are going to be visiting little privately owned shops as well right?

(I have to ask only as I'm very loyal to Between Books in Delaware.)

Blog Archive