Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Wind in the Willows Models: Rat's Boat & Dining Area

My illustrated edition of Kenneth Grahame's classic Wind in the Willows published by IDW has been released! The book has Grahame's original text, with over 70 illustrations by me.

For this week's blogpost I'm going to share a few of the physical models I used/built to help me visualize & illustrate the book. Below are photos of the models of Rat's boat & Rat's Dining Area. I've also included a few videos of me talking about the models.






RAT'S BOAT:
The first model I made for Wind in the Willows was Rat's boat. It's chipboard & bristol board. The oars are basswood & chipboard.







RAT'S DINING AREA:
I did purchase a few Victorian/Edwardian doll house furniture kits. Here I used a cupboard, round table & chairs with some printed paper windows, chip board & cardboard ceiling, and a paper oval mirror to make Rat's Dining area. 








Wind in the Willows from IDW is available to order at your local comic or book shop -or-
on Amazon.com:



For all my other Wind in the Willows Process Posts:





2017 Appearances: 
C2E2: April 21-23
Heroes Con: Jun. 16-18
San Diego Comic Con: July 19-23
Baltimore Comic Con: Sept. 22-24

1 comment:

Gatepost productions said...

Very informative, thanks for sharing.

I hope the sales go off the scale!!

Blog Archive